Centre for Awareness Promotion (CAP) Nepal, is a non-profit organization established in 2003 located in Dhumbarahi, Kathmandu. The primary aim of CAP is to emancipate women and girls from gender based violence and gender discrimination. CAP Nepal also works abolish commercial sexual and labor exploitation of women and children.
To eliminate gender based violence against women and girls, which focus on the four themes of violence against women: Socio-cultural abuse, labour exploitation, Political exploitation, Sexual exploitation.
To create a society free of gender based violence where women and girls will be allowed to live a nonviolent, dignified and self-reliant life.
To reduce commercial sexual exploitation of minors in the adult entertainment sector (AES) in Nepal and provide equal rights and privileges to the deprived women of Nepal by taking several reformatory measures.
- To minimize gender based violence such as human trafficking, commercial sexual and labor exploitation and cultural malpractices through awareness and service.
- To address exploitation including labor and commercial sexual exploitation of women and girls working in the adult entertainment sector (AES)
- To provide a safe home for survivors of trafficking and sexual abuse
- To promote evidence based advocacy through survey and researches on contemporary issues
- To aware community and society on women and child rights
- To organize income generating and skill based training to uplift the situation of survivors of violence